Saturday 4 October 2014

Incarnation of Money Review


I feel like a born again Kdrama fanatic.This drama totally made me want to become a more clever person. 
Just like Salaryman, it has this brilliant mixture of crazy intensity and satirical hilarity. 
Cha Don/Kang Seok was like "A" for all them Fugly Little Liars and I.COULD.NOT.GET.ENOUGH.OF.IT. 

I literally used to rush home from school just to make sure I had enough hours to watch it. It inspired me to get all my homework done as soon as I got home just so I wouldn't have to worry about it while I was watching this awesomely scripted/acted/directed show.  
K lets begin:

Lee Cha Don
I have to say I really liked this character for unconventional reasons. A lot of comments on Viki were about their dislike for his corruptness but I loved it! Sometimes you just get sick of the super perfect, always doing the right thing, knight in shining armor lead characters. Sometimes you just want someone who is HUMAN. Characters who live in the gray area. Crazy, sarcastic, rude, 3 dimensional lead characters.
Sometimes he irritated me (especially when he was kinda mean to Jae In) but I appreciated the fact that he wasn't completely likable. Plus, He was so intelligent and cunning in the most satisfying ways! 
A bunch of times he really had me like...

One scene in particular totally gave me goosebumps. I don't want to spoil it but all i'm going to say is, it involves a note and a bible quote. the end. 

Kang Ji Hwan was looking so damn sexy being all smart and shit; like even with that questionable hair cut, I was still swooning over him. I was like "I have a list of people i'd like to get revenge on! Teach me your ways, Professor! I'm just so thirsty for knowledge!"



 I felt like the thirst mobile pulled up right in front of me and snatched me up real quick.

Bok Jae In

Jae In totally started out as the character that most viewers probably underestimated. But honestly out of all the fierce female characters on the show, she totally took first place in the Baddest Bitch Contest. Her transformation (not just the physical one) was simply amazing. I just LOOVED the beautiful,independent, strong, brave, adorable and hardworking swan she turned out to be. I also want to add that her character was pretty sassy and no-nonsense from the beginning, but I think what really changed was her drive and her goals. She became a more realized character. Anyway I could go on and on about her so I'll stop. 

Jeon Ji Hoo
I loved that she was such an investigating ass bitch. she always asked all the right questions plus her entry into the show was pretty bad ass.She had that one little downfall towards the end but hey! nobody's perfect so don't judge her! Yes, she did falter a bit but she eventually sucked it up and did the right thing.

 Ji Se Kwang 

Unfortunately, I hate to admit this, but found ji se kwang soo attractive.I'm sorry I'm a sapiosexual! He was just so smart and such a quick thinker and I really liked it but at the same time I HATED him. It was was so frustrating cuz he's not even hot! arrgh chincha. I have issues.
 He was a great villain tho. I wouldn't feel as satisfied to see his downfall if he was a slow and stupid villain. He also had THE biggest god complex ever. he really thought he's like the alpha and the omega. the divine decider of what is good and bad.It's crazy but people like that actually exist in this world. 

Eun Bi Ryung

Her love for Se Kwang is the type of shit you pray against. like baptize yourself multiple times a day, sleep with the bible under your pillow every night and do that 40 days 40 nights fasting... because that kind of love is a fucking curse.

this is the type of shit that'll have you in church 8 days a week, sipping that holy water. you'll find yourself praying against it like

I named Cha Don/Jae In The Hideous Hairstyle Couple because those hairstyles were just...no. There's no way I was going to end this review without addressing the elephant in the room. 


Some days her bowl cut looked alright but other times it looked liked it was 2 seconds away from levitating off her fucking scalp. 

And I don't even know where to begin with Ji Hwan Oppa's hair cut. Luckily he's good looking so it didn't look as bad as it COULD'VE looked.

  That hairstylist did not know what s/he was doing at all. You have two good looking actors and you give them THAT?! They really could've benefited from a better hairstylist.

ANYWAY, This drama totally set the bar for what i'll be expecting from dramas henceforth.

I can't deal with anything less than spectacular after this. The bar has been set too high.

1 comment:

  1. Hi A.K.I.A!
    I visited your blog a few minutes ago and I really liked it :)
    i think it would be really cool to do something with your blog. What do you have in mind?

    ReplyDelete