Wednesday 1 January 2014

The Queen's Classroom Review


"Every living thing has a right to live. Nobody has the right to give their lives up. You can't abandon yourself. As soon as you're born, you are precious to someone. Stop being anxious. Don't be scared. If you don't give up on yourself, no one else can. You have to believe that you're precious. Then with that heart, instead of bullying, you have to live knowing that your friends around you are precious too. You're not alone." - Teacher Ma

Words cannot begin to describe how special, amazing and touching, this drama is.Its been a while since something made me change my outlook on life. what a gift this drama was.Their progress wasn't made in 1 or 2 episode and I really appreciated that. it was very deliberately gradual and you literally see them maturing and becoming more aware of who they were and how they affected the people around them.

 Now, I usually don't listen to OSTs before I watch the drama but i'm so glad i did with this one. it was Green Rain + my love for SHINee that led me to this life changing drama. After I found the song, I listened to the song over and over again. It was kind of like the feeling I got when I finished Sungkyunkwan Scandal and I listened to Found You over and over again because it just gave me feels.

Teacher Ma

My first reaction to her and her treatment of the students was

I was just as mad as the students when they reported her to Na Ri's mother and I was all like "This woman really shouldn't be allowed to just emotionally scar these children like that!"
But in the end she raised little warriors. youngsters who were not afraid to let their opinions be heard and were not afraid of the consequences of their actions. they learned to stand their ground and not give up when the going gets tough. and it was so touching to see how they grew and changed. Cuz at the end of the day, they were 11 year old and they had a LOT of room to grow. What she did for their parents was CHARITY. they didn't even fully realize how much she improved their children for them. She basically did half their work for them. AT The end she should have been like


Shim Ha Na


Ha Na is too goddamn sweet and kind hearted. Sometimes I really wanted her to become more cynical. I know If I was in some of the situations she found her self in, I would've dialed 1800 choke that hoe A LOOOONG time ago. When I was her age I was like a fire cracker. I was pretty nice but I never knew when my anger would get the best of me. But in a way I admire Ha Na. she just wants everyone to live in peace and harmony and she believes in the power of friendship. She is a real natural born leader. It takes real courage to deal with things the way she dealt with them. At times she was sooo damn idealistic and frustrating but just so cute and wonderful.

Oh Dong Goo

Oh Dong Goo was just that character that made you want to laugh as much as he made you want to cry. His story touched me so much because you could tell he was hurting but he concealed it by making himself into the class clown. I just wanted to hug him extra tight and tell if that he was special and adorable and special and adorable lol. He was soooo caring of others even when they pushed him away and hurt his feelings. He never allowed anyone to really see him hurt and it really broke my heart. He never tried to blame others for his problems or lash out on other people. What an incredibly strong and great kid!!

I can't talk about ALL the characters but I will say this. 1) All the child actors were ON POINT! 2) We really got a sense of each character. they were so 3 dimensional with their own interests and problems. 3) They each kind of  represented a member of our society.

I have never EVER EVER cried the way I cried watching this drama and It took me by surprise because I just wasn't expecting it to be that DEEP but It was!! Real thug tears were shed.

And of course every time Green Rain came on I just cried even more.

During the first couple of episodes, I thought Teacher Ma was just straight up HORRIBLE to those kids but at the same time, she was my bitch tho. Every time she verbally took someone down I was like 

LET.THEM.KNOW.THA.TRUTH GURL!!

I lowkey looooved how bitchy and over-confident she was. But at the same time I wanted her to get fired lol.

Lastly, is it just me or is this woman just flawless and beautiful!? MAJOR girl crush material

 Like,  now I just want to see her in everything. She KILLED it as Teacher Ma. All her facial expressions were subtle but effective. Even when she had a blank face she was still killing it. BRILLIANT.



2 comments:

  1. Hello. This is A.K.I.A. Talking…
    Thanks for the great review of The Queen's Classroom! I enjoyed it a lot.
    I added it to my collection of reviews for the show. The show has now Average Score of 77.5 %.
    Here is a link to the page if you would like to give it a look:
    http://www.akiatalking.com/2014/12/the-queens-classroom-2013-db.html
    Thanks again for the review. If you want to do something with my blog, please contact me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi A.K.I.A! Sorry for the late reply. I was really sick for a couple of weeks but i'm better now.
      Thank you so much for reading my reviews (I had no idea anyone reads them lol).
      And thank you for including my review in your collection :D

      Delete